Senior UI Designer
Creative (UX, Design and Writing) – London
Senior UI Designer
Experience: +5 years
Rufus Leonard. The creative agency for the experience age.
We are the creative agency for the experience age. We create transformational brand experiences for some of the UK’s leading brands such as PizzaExpress, the AA, John Lewis Partnership, O2, Lloyd’s Banking Group, Bupa, Royal Mail and British Gas.
Rufus has a vision to be the most valued and valuable partner to our clients. To deliver this takes focus, hard work and dedication of our people. That’s where you come in. Your role is important in driving the business to deliver against this vision. To help guide you we’ve outlined a clear definition of what is important in your role and how this helps shape the creative excellence we are looking to you to deliver.
The overall role
As a Senior UI Designer you’ll be working as part of the creative team across all our accounts, to help us deliver and implement high quality digital design solutions for a wide range of exciting projects; from conceptual stages, through to visual design, prototyping and final delivery.
You need to be a self-sufficient creative designer with strength in UI design and an appreciation for branding. You should have experience of crafting large corporate sites with ‘Big’ builds and designing for platform experience, including localisation and multi-lingual solutions, as well as smaller digital services.
You should have experience of working in blended teams and believe in creating multiple solutions for testing. You thrive on working closely with user experience designers and developers to push the expected solution. You are confident explaining or illustrating your initial direction with either scamps, mood boards or quick design solutions.
As well as taking direction from your core team, you will at times, run your own projects. With this comes greater responsibility and ambition in achieving, and maintaining, the highest standards with exceptional attention-to- detail. You should have the ability to manage schedules and ensure we are hitting deadlines on time and to budget.
You will be expected to meet and collaborate with clients so your presentation skills should be excellent.
You will mentor and train younger members of the team as well as continue to work with different account teams and alongside fellow creatives. As you deliver your own projects, you will be understanding of how other creatives think and work and will be fully immersed in our development process and framework.
As a Senior Designer you’re responsible for:
Leadership and management
• Follow and successfully interpret direction and feedback from your Creative Director, project team and clients.
• Set creative direction for junior members of your team by guiding their design work with advice, insight and ideas.
• Support and work with other members of the creative and project team to help deliver projects.
• Contribute ideas, set up and run and regularly attend events and initiatives that inspire our teams and colleagues (for example Creative Showcases).
• Provide a positive contribution to the collaborative culture at Rufus.
Creative direction and vision
• Deliver concepts and ideas that clearly align to the creative brief and client objectives and push the creative boundaries of the project, providing further creative inspiration and exploration.
• Ensure the quality of the creative, ideas, execution and artwork are exceptional and be responsible for managing and assessing the overall quality control of the creative before sharing with your Creative Director.
• Be a master of best practice web design, user experience and user interface.
• Demonstrate a clear understanding and ability to translate brands into digital executions and think ‘digital first’ when creating design experiences.
• Show an understanding for how to design across a variety of digital technologies and touch-points.
• Create unique ideas and interpretations of design problems. Originate new and transformative ways to combine design elements that form unique visual identities.
• Work closely with our strategy team to help create and design roadmaps, user journey’s and personas, understand and contribute to brand models and planning and propositions.
• Be a master of core design and creative skills and continuously develop layout, typography and art direction skills with awareness and understanding of IA / UX / CX
• Understand and work to our ‘ways of working’ framework and have an awareness of our best practice accessibility standards.
• Communicate clearly and precisely the thinking behind your creative work and show confidence with your presentation and storytelling.
• Work with senior leaders of the creative team to help plan and manage the role out of digital solutions.
• Be responsible for the creation and delivery of digital and brand guidelines.
• As a passionate creative you will keep up-to-date and share industry developments, trends and innovation with your colleagues and partners.
• Must have excellent organisational and time management skills. A diligent approach to general housekeeping, filing of work and essential information and diary management are expected.
• Work independently and thinks proactively in developing your skills and ideas.
Master of Sketch and Adobe CS; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Prototyping tools like Invision, Marvel
Microsoft Office and Keynote
Experience in motion design, specifically After Effects
Knowledge of HTML / CSS a bonus
Experience in motion design, specifically After Effects Knowledge of HTML / CSS a bonus