QA Team Manager
Development & Service Management – London
A key leadership role in our Development team, you will be integral to the structure and direction of the department, and along with the Head of Development lead the mentoring and training of the rest of the test QA team.
You'll be an expert in modern web and mobile testing techniques, tools and platforms. Including accessibility, visual and functional testing with both manual and test automation experience. You will also be aware of best practice around security, load and performance testing and be able to advise on concepts such as TDD and BDD. You will be responsible for the quality of the output of the team as a whole and work alongside other seniors to define the standards and processes that the rest of the test team work to.
You will be proactive in heading up various development activities such as running the team's working groups and roadmap, with the goal of constantly evolving the QA discipline and the department as a whole.
You will have at least 5 years commercial experience in web and software testing, and be intimately familiar with testing both commercial software customisations & implementations (e.g. SiteCore or EPiServer) as well as testing bespoke applications for enterprise level clients, preferably on the Microsoft stack using the .NET platform including SQL Server and web services.
This is also a hands-on role where you will be involved in the end-to-end testing process, from developing test cases, running tests, tracking incidents, retesting, regression testing, closure and release.
- Lead the evolution of our standards, process and ways of working
- Assist the HoD in structuring the team and hiring new members
- Assist the HoD with more junior team members reviews, objectives and progression
- Define, enforce and educate the development team in the company’s quality standards, and to promote QA across the company
- Research and keep up to date with the latest trends in testing, IT and the browser market
- Maintain a list of supported technologies (browsers, devices etc)
- Manage our test devices
- Maintain and update the QA Wiki pages
- Introduce and educate new Analysts to company quality standards and mentor less senior Test Analysts
- Lead the working groups, labs sessions and show-and-tells to the rest of the department and QA discipline
- Lead a team of Test Analysts, assigning tasks and managing time
- Create and own all project QA documentation and tasks, derived from analysis of business, technical and creative documentation
- Provide QA estimates against components / user stories and other tasks at all stages of the SDLC Derive the technical testing solution for specific/bespoke site functionality
- Functionally test responsive websites, web and mobile applications, intranets, extranets, HTML emails etc.
- Test to the highest level of Accessibility testing to either the W3C WAI or RNIB standards
- Perform cross browser and cross platform compatibility testing (Mac & PC), balancing pixel perfect rendering with graceful degradation of less popular browsers
- Verify that sites are logical and usable for their given target market, while offering change suggestions for both copy and functionality where appropriate
- Execute test scripts, recording results to ensure that requirements have been met, and working with developers to resolve issues
- Maintain the defect-tracking system (JIRA)
- Manage your own time successfully, prioritise effectively and meet tight deadlines
- Work on multiple projects at the same time
- Hold final say on whether a task is "done done"
- Have excellent communication skills, at both a technical and non technical level Have great interpersonal skills, client facing
- Have experience in an agency environment
- Have experience working in an agile environment
- Have experience with team resourcing / planning
- Have excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of tools to supplement manual testing such as: Developer tools, REST/SOAP/API/JSON tools
- Demonstrable knowledge of third party testing solutions, e.g. Browserstack, LitmusScrum/Kanban experience
- Be ambitious, proactive and self managing